Classes will be held in INN-326 on Fridays from 10:15 - 12:00.
We will follow this approximate class format:
- 20 minutes — Presentation of the assigned readings (and optional background material) by one of the students
- 10 minutes — Feedback to the speaker on communication skills
- 60 minutes — Class discussion, moderated by the day's speaker
- 15 minutes — Optional topics
Students are free to leave at 11:45, in lieu of a break at 11:00. The discussion of optional topics is for whoever wants to participate.
We also have an online discussion group
for students in the course; if you are taking this course and are not in this group, please sign up as soon as possible. This group will be the primary means of communicating news/updates related to the course.
Prof. George Candea
Office hours by appointment
Credits and Grading
This course carries 4 units of credit.
Your grade will be computed as follows:
- 50% for in-class activities (both level of participation and insightfulness of your ideas/points)
- 50% for the weekly writing assignments (worst one will not be counted)
There will not be an exam at the end of the semester.